Wow, I made a lot more progress than I ever imagined. I implemented a sort of faux lighting system. It's not optimized yet, but it looks pretty dynamic. Not up to today's standards by any means, probably Max Payne 1 quality. Also, I've implemented shaders. I also learned quite a bit more about shaders, so they share values, such as the current time, the time elapsed for the frame, and textures and stuff. Also "#include" in .fx files works with the file system. I have also very much setup the rasterizer engine to work with a portal type system. The client is a little more complex, and now keeps track of which region an entity is in. I haven't implemented portals yet, but the foundation is laid. (I'm talking about culling portals, not like the game Portal.) Overall I'm really happy with the progress I'm making. Sound still needs a lot of work, and I still want to make it so you can shoot some enemies dead, and have moving doors and stuff. I made this test level called sorpigal.emap. It is based off of the first town in Might and Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum. It's really cool. It doesn't have doors yet, as those aren't implemented yet, but still it is a much funner test level than that shapes level that I was using.