Well, I haven't updated this log in a long time but I am still working on the engine. Scripting has been implemented to some degree. Graphs were added to the map format, and I developed an AI that will follow a graph, it won't take multiple paths, just the first one that it finds. For that reason a path must be circular. Also, I've worked on sound quite a bit, but some core problems with the game design are making that very difficult. I wanted to assign sounds to an entity based on the animation, so a certain sound would play when a certain frame of animation of the skeleton was played. This didn't work because as far as the game is concerned animations are played based on percentages, not actual frames. For that reason I'm still working on the same idea, but the percentage of the animation where the sound should be played needs to be estimated. I've also rewritten a lot of the video code. The texture manager has been seriously updated, also I fixed some issues where the device could not be reset. Many other code problems have been repaired as well. I mentioned in the start of this log that some of the problems with Legacy was that it was trying to be too ambitious, and unfortunately parts of Emergence are too ambitious as well. It's just so hard for me to try to be really basic. In all honesty, I could probably build a working demo in a few months, but I'm putting a lot of work into the finer details that might not be so important. I started developing a window system, that could be used for menus and interface items. This replaced the old CDrawPad that I had, which was way too intertwined with the CVideo class. Now it is much more independent. The graphic console was also ported to the new window system, and that seems to be a better choice as windows are more streamlined for use in the engine, than an independent graphic object. I am kind of disappointed at how little I've worked on this engine this summer. I wanted to put a lot more work into it. It's going to be difficult to work on the engine while school is in. I suppose the main thing I really need to do is get sound worked out, and built some kind of basic demo where you can at least shoot some entities dead.